Be Bop Wino Pages

Joan Selects - the complete Joan Selects Collection

Big Ten Inchers - 78rpm rips by El Enmascarado


Attention Mac Users!

Mac users have been experiencing problems in unpacking the WinRAR archives used on this blog. Two solutions have been suggested.

1. Use The Unarchiver - www.theunarchiver.com - see comments on Little Esther Bad Baad Girl post for details.

2. Use Keka - http://www.kekaosx.com/en/ - see comments on Johnny Otis Presents post.

Saturday 4 November 2017

Old King Gold Volume 6























Side One:
01. The Twist - Hank Ballard
02. The Bells - Billy Ward & The Dominoes
03. Bloodshot Eyes - Wynonie Harris
04. Walkin' With Mr Lee - Johnny Pate
05. Come Home - Bubber Johnson
06. Hold It - Bill Doggett

Side Two:
01. Gumdrop - Otis Williams & The Charms
02. My Friends - The Strangers
03. The Goof - Big Jay McNeely
04. Somebody Done Stole My Cherry Red - Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson
05. Big Boy - Bill Jennings

Old King Gold Volume 6

or:

Old King Gold Volume 6

Only eleven tracks, but every one a gem. I've been tweaking the audio settings on my computer and I think that these rips are an improvement on the previously posted Volume 4 with much less clipping this time round. There is a bit of brief distortion on "The Twist" but that's due to a fault in the original vinyl. I've got one more volume to post and then I may revisit the previous volumes in order to improve the sound quality. Keep a groovin', R&B fans!

13 comments:

philo said...

Well after much digging I found mine. If you need help finishing the entire series let me know.

boogiewoody said...

Hi Philo - that is indeed a very kind offer. I'm working on Volume 2 just now and that will be my 5 volumes posted once it goes up.

If you email me at boogiewoody@hotmail.co.uk we could work out how to take this further. Cheers!

BW

Billy K said...

Thank you for soldiering on with these, BW. You're a champ!

boogiewoody said...

If only I'd known what I was in for ... I'd forgotten about the condition of these records!

Bob Mac said...

Thanks BW, nice to be getting this series.

philo said...

I'll work on them this coming week and email you the results. Like yours, mine are a little rough as well

boogiewoody said...

Cheers Philo. Please don't attach too many files to each email as Hotmail just can't handle it! Thanks very much for offering to bring the rest of the series to fans of R&B. I'll post Volume 2 tomorrow or the day after.

BW

philo said...

I just saw Twighlightzone posting these this morning so I'll just tell everyone to go there instead.

boogiewoody said...

Yep they're appearing on Twilightzone again, although at a very low bitrate. They're the German reissues of the series, so they're probably in better basic condition without all the clicks and pops from the original US bargain bin / budget issue. It'll be interesting to compare and contrast!

Thanks Philo.

BW

B_B said...

Meanwhile, back in the bitrate jungle, er, or at the “T-Z!” . . .

Yes, there are a LOT of items of this or similar vintage that are offered at That Zite . . . er . . . SITE, that are at a lowly 64kbps. . .

Ugh.

Vile vinyl condition or not, that’s just stoopid. And worse than AM radio quality! Meantime, in BBW land, we get The Best and it’s always in GREAT sound! I, for one, welcome these “OKGs” at BBW, whether or not someone else “has them” or “has had them” or not.

Chances are (NO, Johnny Mathis did NOT make the “King kut”!) they will be much BETTER sounding HERE!

boogiewoody said...

Cheers, oh frantic one! A surprise OKG will appear soon!

BW

B_B said...

Hmmm . . .

Lemme guess . . .

One of the (Many!)(Decidedly "Un-") "Official" "Wild & Frantic" V.A. CDs or LPs of wild Lil Richard wannabes . . . ?!?!

rolo batres said...

wow waw que amable eres amigo por compartir estas joyas con nosotros, felicitaciones y cuidate mucho